- Closet & Closet Accessories
Closet & Closet Accessories in the USA
BROWSE CLOSET & CLOSET ACCESSORIES BY STATE
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
User Submitted Tips
- Most of us have a closet in our bedrooms, but let's be honest, we could all use a little more organization to it. So, here goes, you will need approximately 50% of your closet for hanging clothes, such as button up shirts and pants. Then you need an additional 30% for shelving for heavy sweaters that would stretch if put on a hanger. Also, you will need another 10% for hooks to hang your purses, wristlets and clutches on. And finally, the remaining 10% of your space in your closet needs to go to shoes. I really don't think anyone needs more than 5 pairs of shoes: dress brown, dress black, casual brown, casual black and a pair of sneakers. So, get to organizing!
- My sister is a mess, and her closet is even messier! I, on the other hand, am very organized. So, I put my organizational skills to work in her closet. I started buy purchasing closet accessories that would aid in getting this disastrous closet in order. I purchased hangers, hooks, shoe organizers and storage boxes. I prefer the hangers with the notches cut in them. This keeps the clothes from falling off the hanger and on to the floor. I hung her necklaces on hooks. Since space is limited, I purchased a shoe organizer that hangs on the door. All of her seasonal clothing is placed in storage boxes with see through windows and placed on the top shelves of her closet. With the help of all of these closet accessories, my sister's closet in now organized.
- I live in an older house with a very small closet. I swear, the next place I get is going to have an enormous walk in closet. My clothes are wrinkled because there is not enough room to hang them. And, I am always digging around for a match to the other shoe I want to wear. Since I will not be moving anytime soon, I had to make the best of my small closet. I found the key to a small closet is organization. I got rid of clothes and shoes I no longer wear. I boxed up seasonal clothes. Now there is just enough room in my closet. My closet is tidy, and I can find what I need in the mornings.
- I've owned every junk tie rack known to mankind and all the little animals that live on this planet. I recently bought one of those little motorized jobbies that take batteries, and my ties hang so close together they get wrinkled up. My wife proposed the idea of putting them on hangers. Apparently she doesn't get the bigger picture. Finally I have found the tie rack of my dreams. Scanning online I found the schematics for how to build a custom rack, I built the think and I love it. I can only recommend that everyone do the same.
Got a great tip? Submit it here.